Saturday, April 25, 2009

Tree Tappin', Sugar Shackin'; Warm Weather's Not Far Behind!

Even though the temps have reached 80+ degrees here in Central PA, I thought I'd pull up a picture of my husband taken a few weeks ago while at the "Sugar Shack" making Maple Syrup.
For anyone who has done "sugaring", it is quite the endeavor. A bit too slow for me- I can't sit around that long but my husband and his sugaring buddies LOVE it!

It seems like it has gone from 30-80 degrees in no time flat! We don't have much of a Spring anymore. Winter hustles, almost immediately, into Summer; bad news for me since Spring is my favorite season... Global warming? Cyclical climate change? Who knows- I won't even go there- but I do miss Spring.

I potted lots of flowers for the deck today and soon there will be much growth. The trees seen above have started to sprout buds in the last week as well. I love the vibrancy of the yellows, greens, reds, and tan buds that are bursting to life as the flora wakes up and shakes itself awake!

Each season has its glory. My husband prefers winter which leads to tree tappin' and sugar shackin'. Me? I love tree tappin' and sugar shackin' which means warmer weather's not far behind!

No comments:

Blog Archive