Friday, August 29, 2008

Too little time?!?


Well, in this title for today I have utilized-yet once again- the premise that I have too little time.

In this instance it is not true. I have been here in the Adirondacks since early June and I have had some free time but I must say that I have been extremely productive despite that down time.


I have sketched and painted and written almost every day! Granted, I have been negligent in respect to this blog and a few others, as well as my web site but, I don't feel quite as guilty since I have produced in other areas... I wrote articles for a regional paper, wrote 30,00 words for my non-fiction book, 15,000 in my historical fiction mid-grade book; sketched tons of boats, docks, Adirondack chairs, homes, mountains and the like; as well as painted most of them once drawn.


It has been a wonderful summer. The bugs were ferocious at times and the rain occasionally became a bit "old" but bloodsuckers and wet weather aside my time here has been, as always, spiritually rewarding. I love this place- always have, always will.


I have a week or two remaining before I head back to my other home in central PA-which I love too- but part of me will always stay here. As I remember the vivid fall colors that grace the most gorgeous glacial mountains and think about the ice as it groans on this lake I love so much, my heart stays warm throughout the winter months as I revisit, in my mind, one of the most beautiful places on this earth...



1 comment:

Ghost Girl (aka, Mary Ann) said...

Oh, Mary, that sounds heavenly! I am getting so little done, but the kids are back in school and I'm hoping to get back on the train...

But we're also trying to sell our house and move to GA. That's where DH got the job. Bummer...I love central PA. Enjoy the rest of your time in the mountains!

Blog Archive