Monday, April 28, 2008

It's here!

Spring! I love it! I love everything about it!
The sunshine and warmth that I feel on my skin as I walk out onto our deck in the morning, thrills me. Gone is the frost, and my own visible breath, as I venture out with my dog and my coffee.The hillside begins to come alive as the trees boast the various shades that their young new sprouts bring. Last years bulbs' rise with their brightly colored gifts tucked inside as they break through the dull, brown, earth.
I love it all, even the yard work; it makes me feel alive. It makes me hurt now too but, at least I am able to do it. A few years ago I would have complained because my back hurt and my muscles ached. I'd moan about the deficits of this, once fairly well taken care of, body. I don't look at things that way anymore, even if everything DOES ache. I think much differently than I did, even two years ago.
To those older, I am still young with many years ahead. To those younger, I am as old as the dirt in which I dig.
But happily... I am still able to dig, and I look forward to what will bloom.

No comments:

Blog Archive