Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Smitten

I, like many writers I suppose, have periods in my projects where I write like crazy and then...nothing.

That "nothing" happened to me last week for a few days and I just could not shake myself from that state of stagnation. This week however, things are different. I am back on track and my fingers are flying across the keyboard almost as quickly as they can glide across my spiral notebook. (I'm a first draft, hand-writer) I am busy at work finishing my historical fiction novel and I am moving along quite well, once again.

I have fallen back in love with my characters and want them to to live their lives in an exciting and realistic manner. I want them to love life and, each other. I want them to be unique individuals in a country that is new, and thriving, after so many struggles for independence. I wish for them, the enjoyment of their lives, improved because they left their beloved homeland to seek a better life in a new and strange world. And most importantly, I want their story to be compelling enough so that those who read it will find them stoic, sensitive, witty, kind, honest and yes... even a bit ill behaved and nasty at times.

No comments:

Blog Archive